Splunk Observability Cloud

Can I use mean transformation by dashboard time range?

neilh
Engager

Hello,

I'm trying to show the average percentage of CPUUtilization by the time range selected in the dashboard. 

So for example, if I modify the time range in the dashboard to last 15 minutes, it should show the average CPU utilization over the last 15 minutes, and if I then modify the time range to -1 hour, it should show me the average CPU usage over the last hour. 

I feel something like this should be easily achievable, but I can't see ay obvious way to achieve this in Splunk Observability, unlike Datadog, where this option is available.  

I can view the value over a moving window by a statically defined period, for example 1 hour like so:

neilh_0-1683707558687.png

But I would like this to be dynamic, base on the period selected in the chart:

neilh_1-1683707600162.png

Does anyone know how to achieve this? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

bishida
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

I think you can achieve what you want without needing an analytic function. Can you try this and see if it's what you want? Create a new chart and choose CPUUtilization as your signal.  Click "add filter" and type "stat:mean". then try different values in the "Time" field (-15m, -1h, etc) and see if it's showing you the desired chart.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...