Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Servers are missing in Sourcetype=cpu & source=vmstat

Pooja1
Loves-to-Learn Everything

We could see only 10 hosts in index=os sourcetype=cpu & index=os source=vmstat. We should get all the unix/linux hosts on the mentioned sourcetype & source. We are using this to generate high cpu utilization, High memory utilization incidents.

Like till August end we are able to see 100+ host for the mentioned source and sourcetype but after August we are not able to see 100+ host like we could see only 10.15,7 

Please help me on this

Labels (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Few preliminary things to check

• Are the missing machine still up & running and part of your network?
  • Is Splunk still running on those missing machines?
  • Are the forwarders still able to connect to the indexers?
  • Is the *nix apps (or whichever apps used ) are installed and configured?
---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

lperini_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk documentation has a page that guides customers to troubleshoot similiar issues as you described, like when they don't find the data/events.  

"Are you searching for events and not finding them, or looking at a dashboard and seeing "No result data"? Here are a few common mistakes to check."

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.2/Troubleshooting/Cantfinddata

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...