Splunk IT Service Intelligence

ITSI : Entity import Not happening/Working

bpratap
Explorer

Hello,

I need help with ITSI Entity Import, I am trying to Import Entity with saved search, However i get message "Entity Import in Progress" but no Entity is imported even after waiting for more than couple of hours.

Has any one faced same kind of issue. could you Please shed some light on issue causing this and fix.

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

bpratap
Explorer

Found the answer, it seems it was a bug in ITSI 4.0, where if you are trying to create Entity and entity count is in couple of hundreds (300+) then you will face the same issue. I solved it by restricting entity counts and then repeating entity creation in batch. I know it is tiresome.. but its only way. (Looks like it is fixed in next version)

View solution in original post

bpratap
Explorer

Found the answer, it seems it was a bug in ITSI 4.0, where if you are trying to create Entity and entity count is in couple of hundreds (300+) then you will face the same issue. I solved it by restricting entity counts and then repeating entity creation in batch. I know it is tiresome.. but its only way. (Looks like it is fixed in next version)

EAR009
Explorer

Yeah exactly... I am using 4.4.0 ITSI where i am facing this issue if manually imported entities count is more than 100 count. So i just limited entries to 90 and then import was successful.

This looks weird; Hope this would has resolved in latest versions. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...