Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Error: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication

arun_kant_sharm
Path Finder

Hi Experts,

I am getting error during I tried to create new ms-sql connection on my Splunk server (i.e Amazon Linux 2).

Connection Type: MS-SQL Server Using MS Generic Driver With Windows Authentication

JDBC URL : jdbc:sqlserver://xx.xx.xxx.xx:1433;databaseName=master;selectMethod=cursor;integratedSecurity=true

ERROR : This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:d3c9028f-187a-492f-89da-68dfceadceb1

Java version on my splunk server :   java version "1.8.0_201"

Splunk DB Connect version:   DBX:3.1.4

Splunk Server OS:  Amazon Linux 2 AMI

The driver present in my machine are:

arun_kant_sharm_0-1606869848503.png

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

lumpymilk
Explorer

Here is what I found. When using that connection type we needed to add an option authenticationScheme=NTLM (which enables NTLMv2 authentication) and then in our environment we made sure SSL is enabled (encrypt=true) and added the option trustServerCertificate=true.
After that, the connection could be saved and worked fine. 

0 Karma

vikkysplunk
Path Finder

@arun_kant_sharm is these issue resolved. I am also getting the same error

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...