Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Create e-mail alerts for inactive and unstable entities

rmo23
Engager

Hi guys!

how to proceed to create alerts on inactive and unstable entities .

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @rmo23 ,

as also @yuanliu said, you should share more details about your infrastructure.

Anyway, in ITSI there's an asset inventory that should be complete (otherwise you have a very bigger issue!).

So,  you could use the lookup containing these asset (I don' t remember its name) and run a search like the following:

| tstats 
     count
     where index=*
     BY host
| append [ | inputlookup your_asset_lookup | eval count=0 | fields host count ]
| stats sum(count) AS total BY host
| where total=0

Ciao.

Giuseppe

rmo23
Engager

hi
Indeed, thanks to ITSI, I can have data on the metrics, the status of my servers, active or inactive, I can predict the status of my infrastructure, etc. I just want to receive email alerts only when my servers are inactive, I only see this status when I'm in ‘Entity Overview’ if it's possible to configure an email alert on it.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @rmo23 ,

at first see if there is the way (I don't know very deeply ITSI) to enable as action the email sending.

If not extract the search from this dashboard and create a custom alert.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Until you can tell us what data you have, what field/value in that data indicates inactive and unstable entities, and how you want the output to look like, volunteers are not going to help you.

0 Karma

rmo23
Engager

hi
I manage to monitor the servers divided into services via the ITSI.
However, I would like to receive email alerts when some of my servers change state, either inactive or unstable, for better reactivity.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...