Splunk Enterprise

v9.1 upgrade issues - Why does Top tool bar shows Loading?

GrantMacRae
Explorer

Has anyone had this issue after upgrading to v9.1 from v 9.04, The top toolbar shows Loading....  but never loads?

The issue happened on our Search Head / Indexer & to the Deployment server.

I have also installed a full Splunk instance on to a virgin server & this has the same issue.

Edit - Ticket logged - CASE [3258488]

Splunk toolbar error.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (3)

GrantMacRae
Explorer

I've just upgraded the Virgin installation from 9.1 to 9.1.0.1, Like you the integrity checks have gone, but I still have the toolbar issue.

I'm going to remove everything, reboot & try a fresh install of 9.1.0.1 to see what happens.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
You also need to check that all files are owned by your splunk OS user. Time by time there are situations when there are some files owned by root and this can cause issues.
0 Karma

GrantMacRae
Explorer

Good point - I've been caught out with that in the past, all files & the Splunkd service are owned by my Splunk OS user.

0 Karma

akyz
Explorer

I'm getting the same thing. Checked permissions, ownership, and issue still stands. Working on downgrading to 9.0.5 now.  I have a case open as well 3276705/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Registration for Splunk University is Now Open!

Are you ready for an adventure in learning?   Brace yourselves because Splunk University is back, and it's ...

Splunkbase | Splunk Dashboard Examples App for SimpleXML End of Life

The Splunk Dashboard Examples App for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 19, 2024, after which no new ...

Understanding Generative AI Techniques and Their Application in Cybersecurity

Watch On-Demand Artificial intelligence is the talk of the town nowadays, with industries of all kinds ...