Splunk Enterprise

"Access control" page not accessible - 404 error on search head

Ashwini008
Builder

Hi,

Access control page is throwing 404 error on search head.I am not able to access it.Whereas it is working fine on HF so version 8.0.5 is not the problem.

How do i access the code of this page through back end.? How do i fix this error?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Can you open what page you are meaning with "Access control" page?
r. Ismo
0 Karma

Ashwini008
Builder

@isoutamo This page

Ashwini008_0-1629971412998.png

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In 8.2.2 that Users and Authentication seems to be different (login with admin role).

isoutamo_0-1630046974244.png

If/when you are seeing something else, then the reason is quite probably that you have some issues on filesystem level as this selection is generated based on what splunk found from directories and what access your role have. I propose that you do what @codebuilder already propose (change ownership of files) and if it didn't help then install same splunk version over your current installation. This should be works without issues unless you have updated some files on default directories!

I just installed 8.0.5 for macOS and also it shows same content for Users and Authentication as 8.2.2.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

Are you trying to log in with an admin account? That page has certain user/role restrictions.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

Ashwini008
Builder

@codebuilder I have admin access.

I am not open "access control" page either through search app or any other app also

0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

If you've made any recent config changes you might want to cycle Splunk, and or ensure all your directory and file permissions are correct (it's easy to create and leave a config file owned by root, e.g.).

Running a chmod -RP splunk:splunk $SPLUNK_HOME never hurts anything. Assuming your Splunk user/group is splunk of course.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...