Splunk Enterprise

Why is there an AIX and Solaris server error after installing the universal forwarder?

WildHuckleberry
Path Finder

Hello Splunkers! 

Recently, I have installed splunkforwarder 8.2.1. 

After installation, 2 errors are showing.

1. After installing splunkforwarder 8.2.1 on AIX(7100-05-04-1914) server. Every time I execute ./splunk command on the CLI,  that closed CLI window. The only command that doesn't close the CLI window is ./splunk status. What should I do to fix this problem?

2. When I was installing splunkforwarder 8.2.1 on Solaris (5.10 sn4v spray) server, it gives me a library error and cannot be installed.

The error is

ld.so.1: splunk : critical : libc.so.1 : version 'SUNWpublic' not found (required by file splunk)

ld.so.1: splunk : critical : libc.so.1 : open filed : no such file or directory

How can I install from this error?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Forwarder/latest/Forwarder/Installanixuniversalforwarder#Insta...

You need sufficiently new libc version. I'm not sure if you can get it on Solaris10. Then again even if it went ok, such installation would be unsupported.

In case of AIX - did you unpack it with the proper tar version?

0 Karma

positivevibes

But the 8.x system requirements show support for only Solaris11, not Solaris10 8.0.0 System Requirements 

0 Karma

positivevibes

The last version of the 7.x agent (7.3.9) shows deprecated support for Solaris10 (x86 and SPARC) 7.3.9 system requirements 

0 Karma

positivevibes

I am having similar issues with 8.2.1 whereas 8.0.5 seems to work fine.  The 8.x system requirements show only Solaris11 8.2.1 System requirements

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...