Splunk Enterprise

Why is it failing to restart Task server in Splunk DB Connect App?

Ashwini008
Builder

Hi,

I have installed Splunk DB Connect App 3.6.0 version on Splunk 8.0.5 Platform.

I keep getting this error 'Cannot communicate with task server, please check your settings.'

When I started to restart task server i get 'Failed to restart'.

So far I have checked the following.

1. Confirmed the java path file has correct info(/opt/app/jdk1.8.0_51)
  2. Confirmed that port 9998 and 9999 are not currently used
  3. Confirmed ports are no blocked by any firewall
  4. I have tried using other ports instead of 9998 like 1025 but still the error exists
  5. Restarted Splunk Server couple of time

Also,I see the following error when I run 'index=_internal sourcetype="dbx*" *ERROR*'

[ERROR] [settings.py], line 133: unable to update java path file [/opt/app/splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/linux_x86/bin/customized.java.path]

[ERROR] [settings.py], line 89 : Throwing an exception Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/app/splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbx2/rest/settings.py", line 76, in handle_POST self.validate_java_home(payload["javaHome"]) File "/opt/app/splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbx2/rest/settings.py", line 215, in validate_java_home is_valid, reason = validateJRE(java_cmd) File "/opt/app/splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbx2/jre_validator.py", line 73, in validateJRE output = output.decode('utf-8') AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'

Any solution to resolve this would be of great help. Thanks!

0 Karma

Ashwini008
Builder

@ITWhisperer @jcoates_splunk +++ 

Any suggestions please

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...