Splunk Enterprise

Why is it failing to restart Task server in Splunk DB Connect App?

Ashwini008
Builder

Hi,

I have installed Splunk DB Connect App 3.6.0 version on Splunk 8.0.5 Platform.

I keep getting this error 'Cannot communicate with task server, please check your settings.'

When I started to restart task server i get 'Failed to restart'.

So far I have checked the following.

1. Confirmed the java path file has correct info(/opt/app/jdk1.8.0_51)
  2. Confirmed that port 9998 and 9999 are not currently used
  3. Confirmed ports are no blocked by any firewall
  4. I have tried using other ports instead of 9998 like 1025 but still the error exists
  5. Restarted Splunk Server couple of time

Also,I see the following error when I run 'index=_internal sourcetype="dbx*" *ERROR*'

[ERROR] [settings.py], line 133: unable to update java path file [/opt/app/splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/linux_x86/bin/customized.java.path]

[ERROR] [settings.py], line 89 : Throwing an exception Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/app/splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbx2/rest/settings.py", line 76, in handle_POST self.validate_java_home(payload["javaHome"]) File "/opt/app/splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbx2/rest/settings.py", line 215, in validate_java_home is_valid, reason = validateJRE(java_cmd) File "/opt/app/splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/dbx2/jre_validator.py", line 73, in validateJRE output = output.decode('utf-8') AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'

Any solution to resolve this would be of great help. Thanks!

0 Karma

Ashwini008
Builder

@ITWhisperer @jcoates_splunk +++ 

Any suggestions please

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...