Splunk Enterprise

Why is TA-Akamai_SIEM not Converting Inputs?

mconstable
Engager

Hi

We've installed TA-Akamai_SIEM on both a HF and SH. The API connections appear to be coming in fine, we get JSON data and on the SH, I can see the Dashboards populated correctly. However, if I search the relevant index, data is still appearing in JSON format. 

Reading the notes for this app, the Scripting I believe should kick in and convert the JSON to CIM compliant format, but that doesnt seem to be happening. I do have (thousands of) errors appearing relating to Java, but it seems to be the same error that pops up on other people's problems and doesnt give much of an insight. 

08-04-2022 12:18:09.203 +0100 INFO ExecProcessor [3239918 ExecProcessor] - message from "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Akamai_SIEM/linux_x86_64/bin/TA-Akamai_SIEM.sh" infoMsg=Parse KVstore data...Complete

08-04-2022 12:18:09.229 +0100 INFO ExecProcessor [3239918 ExecProcessor] - message from "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Akamai_SIEM/linux_x86_64/bin/TA-Akamai_SIEM.sh" infoMsg = streamEvents, end streamEvents

08-04-2022 12:18:09.229 +0100 ERROR ExecProcessor [3239918 ExecProcessor] - message from "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Akamai_SIEM/linux_x86_64/bin/TA-Akamai_SIEM.sh" javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: No element was found to write: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

Splunk is running on 9.0.0 and Java on the HF appears to be OK, java -version returns 

java version "1.8.0_333"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_333-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.333-b02, mixed mode)

Has anybody seen any similar problems to the above?

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...