Splunk Enterprise

Why is Apps Section Throwing Error in GUI of DM and HF Server?

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Our Splunk Heavy Forwarder and Deployment Master servers are running with version 9.0.0 and when we navigate to Apps and click Find More Apps i am getting the error as below:

Error connecting: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed - please check the output of the `openssl verify` command for the certificates involved; note that if certificate verification is enabled (requireClientCert or sslVerifyServerCert set to "true"), the CA certificate and the server certificate should not have the same Common Name.. Your Splunk instance is specifying custom CAs to trust using sslRootCAPath configuration in server.conf's [sslConfig] stanza. Make sure the CAs in the appsCA.pem (located under $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/auth/appsCA.pem) are included in the CAs specified by sslRootCAPath. To do this, append appsCA.pem to the file specified by the sslRootCAPath parameter.

So how can we get it fixed and I can see the same error in all our HF servers and DM server as well.

So kindly help to check and update on the same.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Can anyone respond to my query please.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...