Splunk Enterprise

Why does the Banner says "Loading" on certain pages (such as /en-GB/manager/launcher/apps/local)?

althomas
Communicator

When on certain pages, my search head says "Loading" and this never goes away. This also causes weird behaviour and javascript errors when viewing certain Splunk administrative pages, such as App installation or LDAP settings.

Looking into the code, I find the following:

<script type="text/javascript">
    //<![CDATA[

this.messenger = Splunk.Messenger.System.getInstance();
            // a misconfigured hierarchy can often derail the module loading, so the 'Loading' string can get stuck there.
            $("#loading").hide();
             //]]>
    </script>

It says: "a misconfigured hierarchy can often derail the module loading, so the 'Loading' string can get stuck there."

What does this mean? How can I see what is the misconfiguration in the hierarchy? What can I look at to see failed module loading?

I'm sure that there is a Splunk app that is causing this but, short of trial and error, I am unsure on what could be causing this.

Any help would be very useful!

Thanks!

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...