Splunk Enterprise

Why does slave have no matching license pool for the data it indexed?

MT1234
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello,

I am new to Splunk and have testing purpose. I have installed Splunk within 30 days and installed the ITE content pack recently.

I got below error when searching. I found that the document said that searching will be disabled when there are five or more alerts.

But I don't know why my usage is full?

Error in Search:

Error in 'litsearch' command: Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times. Renew your Splunk license by visiting www.splunk.com/store or calling 866.GET.SPLUNK.

Licensing Alert:

slave had no matching license pool for the data it indexed

Licensing Alert from CLI:

4565f4ac328ca2cebf5d54342bd63c99
category:orphan_peer
create_time:1673625600
description:slave had no matching license pool for the data it indexed
peer_id:FDE1BB3F-01D3-4B27-B0FB-19AAE1CD27A0
severity:WARN
slave_id:FDE1BB3F-01D3-4B27-B0FB-19AAE1CD27A0

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Appreciate for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

MT1234
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I found that after I installed ITE Work. It removed/override the trial enterprise license in Splunk.

I can see the trial license file in /opt/splunk/etc/licenses folder, but I cannot see in Splunk web/CLI.

As a result, it does not have license for * source type.

Does ITE Work can not use with trial license?

Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...