Splunk Enterprise

Why does Splunk Licensing Warnings pop up when adding sources after installing Splunk Enterprise on Ubuntu 20.04?

jonare
Engager

Hello

I have installed Splunk Enterprise on Ubuntu 20.04 two times now, but I get warnings from licensing when adding sources.

I installed a 5GB/days license and added a syslog udp/1514 and a new index. After this splunk starts complaining about:

This deployment is subject to license enforcement. Search is disabled after 45 warnings over a 60-day window Learn more

Licensing alerts notify you of excessive indexing warnings and licensing misconfigurations

1 cle_pool_over_quota message reported by 1 indexer	Correct by midnight to avoid warning

Can anyone help me in the right direction ? The total amout of data = 0MB, so this is clearly not correct.

Regards, Jon

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...