Splunk Enterprise

Why does Panel display depends on token value in Splunk Dashboard Studio?

ZubairBMW
Engager

Hi 

Has anyone manage to replicate the depends functionality for showing/hiding a panel from the classic XML to the new Splunk Dashboarding studio

My goal:

My goal is to click on a single value visualization on dashboard studio and set a token with the click which will then make another panel appear below it. This will then change if i click on another single value, changing the token value and displaying a different visualization below

this is the functionality im speaking about:

The click on the single view should set the token  $tokenfordisplay$

Then on the view that should appear and disappear

<panel depends="$tokenfordisplay$">

Thanks for any help 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could try the "hideWhenNoData" option, but you may have to modify your search to wipe out any events if you need to hide the panel.

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/dashboard-studio-show-or-hide-the-latest-features-... 

View solution in original post

MERBAG
Explorer

Did you manage to find a solution to this?

I am currently working on converting our classic XML Dashboards to Dashboard Studio. but we do use the "depends" feature a lot - so this is kinda required for us.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could try the "hideWhenNoData" option, but you may have to modify your search to wipe out any events if you need to hide the panel.

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/dashboard-studio-show-or-hide-the-latest-features-... 

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's only available in Splunk Cloud. 

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not true - I have it in my local Enterprise 9.1 version of Studio

ITWhisperer_0-1692696327377.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...