Splunk Enterprise

What are some best practices to migrate Splunk from prim to Azure Cloud?

vksplunk1
Explorer

Hi ,

We are planning to  migrate Splunk from prim to Azure Cloud . The on prim is a distributed environment with 1 SH/DS, 1 IDX, 2 HFs & 2 UFs.

We are thinking of leaving HFs and UFs on prim and move SH & IDX to Azure cloud(only to use Azure Cloud VMs).  Any issues with this approach Vs moving all splunk components to Azure Could.

Thank you in advance for your su

0 Karma

diogofgm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are no issues with either approaches. Depending on what data you are indexing you would probably need to have UFs/HFs on-prem to collect and forward data to you azure instances. Either way, since you are moving splunk to a new platform I would suggest you to take a look at Splunk's validated architectures for the best architecture that fists your org needs. With just 1 indexer you run the risk of having downtime on search and indexing in case of maintenance. 
https://www.splunk.com/pdfs/technical-briefs/splunk-validated-architectures.pdf

------------
Hope I was able to help you. If so, some karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...