Splunk Enterprise

Very Slow User Interface

shocko
Contributor

Using Splunk enterprise 9.0.41. Users are reporting most page transitions between apps and dashboards are taking several seconds (10 +). Even logging on with the search app as my default app takes 30 seconds+. There does not appear to be any CPU/memory pinch on our single search head as we monitor this with telegraf. Looking into MS Edge dev tools I see pattern like this

shocko_1-1688659351428.png

It's not browser or user specific.  It also happens from the server itself if we use the browser over an RDP session so not network latency from end user browser to search head either

Where could I start to look for clues as to why this is occurring? 

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

is this in virtual or physical environment and which OS and version? Do you have sinle node or distributed environment? What you health indicator shows? How much data you are ingesting? Are there anything interesting in MC?

r. Ismo

Tags (1)

shocko
Contributor

Ingest ~ 15 GB per day. We have

1. One search head (32 cores and 64 GB RAM) [Physical]
  2. One cluster master (4 Cores and 32 GB RAM) [VM]
  3. 2 indexers (32 Cores and 64 GB  RAM) [Physical]

All Windows Server 2019 and basic metrics of CPU Usage, CPU queue, memory/Swapping and Disk latency and negligible. It seems to have started when we recently upgrade from 8 to 9 and gotten worse. The monitoring console shows no issues. 

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Those should be more than enough for your current load. 
You have done all regularly needed Windows OS cleaning tasks or are those “just running”? You have checked that there haven’t installed any windows updates at “same” time than you update splunk?

If these don’t help, I try to look 1st that OS side is ok and after that create support case to splunk.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...