Splunk Enterprise

SplunkUI | app list error | V9.1.0.1 | (SVA S1 lab instance)

NullZero
Path Finder

I've just upgraded to Splunk v9.1.0.1 in a stand-alone (S1 SVA) lab instance from 9.0.x. All fine and operating at a basic level, see attached image. However since the upgrade there is a UI issue.

Unable to load app list. Refresh the page to try again.

I have checked splunkd error log and I'm not seeing anything notable:

index="_internal" source="/opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log" log_level IN (ERROR, WARN) 
| table event_message
| dedup event_message

I have also verified consistency of ownership of $SPLUNK_HOME:

sudo find /opt/splunk -printf '%u:%g\n' | sort -t: -u  

I'm not seeing anything obvious and I have checked the Known Issues list. Has anybody else seen this before I expend a lot of effort on a new release. I should mention that this is now using a Free 500MB license, I have a 10GB NFR license waiting to renew but I don't see this as an issue and it is not in violation.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

NullZero
Path Finder

Update:

After installing an NFR licence and restarting Splunkd all the errors disappeared on the page. Therefore it is either licence 'feature' or error when a free licence is applied. @takitakitanana thanks for contributing on this.

View solution in original post

jwilczek
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Is there a solution for free licenses?

0 Karma

NullZero
Path Finder

Hey @jwilczek I'm afraid not. Have you tried to run a later version of Splunk, I suspect you won't run into the problem there.

0 Karma

NullZero
Path Finder

Update:

After installing an NFR licence and restarting Splunkd all the errors disappeared on the page. Therefore it is either licence 'feature' or error when a free licence is applied. @takitakitanana thanks for contributing on this.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...