Splunk Enterprise

Splunk reset license - free account

benj851
Explorer

Hello, 

I get Splunk Enterprise 6-month 10gb licenses., for free home use, as I use Splunk heavily at work, and try things in my home lab first. I was on vacation for some time, and let my license lapse. This caused multiple items to stop working, primarily the search feature. I added a new license this morning, but search is still restricted. 

I have tried searching to request a reset license, calling to get a reset license, and submitting a support ticket for a reset license. Because I'm on a free account, nothing will allow me to actually request a reset license. 

For free personal use enterprise licenses, can anyone share how to request a reset license so I can resume searching function?

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

At least for free/trial splunk there is no unlock license for enable those searches again. I suppose that it will be the same situation for dev and dev/test licenses too?

This leads the situation that you must remove and reinstall your splunk (or find some other hint from community, how this can solved ;-). This will remove also those over usages and licence violence information.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

deepakc
Builder
0 Karma

deepakc
Builder

You need to re-apply for the free dev licence - there's an email in the below link, it can take while for them to send you the new lic. 
https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/dev_license 

0 Karma

benj851
Explorer

I’ve already received and loaded the new license. I still cannot search. I assumed I needed a reset license. Can you share more information?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...