Splunk Enterprise

Splunk mobile or Splunk TV with user accounts and password changes

leekeener
Path Finder

We have a couple of good use cases for Splunk mobile and Splunk TV so I am experimenting with it to understand the care and feeding. For a Splunk mobile user to see what they should only be allowed to see I register their device with their username and password. We use AD LDAP Auth. We require 90 day password changes. When this change rolls around and password is changed the Splunk mobile app is broken and must be re-registered. I've seen similar behavior with Splunk TV however use of a service account there is possible so can be mitigated if necessary. How are other people working around this? Currently this would be a nightmare if I tried to roll it out. Thanks for your help.

Lee.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...