Splunk Enterprise

Splunk dbconnect - copy configuration to another server

damucka
Builder

Hello,

I would like to copy the configuration of the Splunk DBconnect app to another server. I would like to get there:

- connections and identities

- my additional driver to the SAP HANA DB, which I have installed on the first server

I am planning to copy the following directories from the server 1 to 2: local, drivers and keystore. Is that sufficient? Or do I have to take care for some additional things?

Kind Regards,

Kamil

Labels (1)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
  1. you probably need to recreate identities.conf on new server. copying identities.conf  from one server to another might not work because $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/auth/splunk.secret is used to encrypt the password. $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/auth/splunk.secret would be different for different splunk instances.
  2. checkpoints needs to copied to same directory if you have raising columns inputs. checkpoints are available with input name at $SPLUNK_HOME/var/lib/splunk/modinputs/server/splunk_app_db_connect/.
————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you are setting up the new server then easiest way is copy the splunk.secret from old one before you start the new one in the first time. After that you can just copy those configurations with crypted keys.

It this is not possible then you must update those passwords etc. to plain text before start it or configure identities again via GUI.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...