Splunk Enterprise

Splunk db connect health monitor is not working

SplunkySplunk
Explorer

Hello
I want to monitor the health of db connect app inputs and connections and i noticed the the health monitor is not working. im getting the message "search populated no results"

When i tried to investigate the issue i found out that index=_internal is empty
I guess its related.

Can you please help me figure out why the index is empty and the health monitor is not working ?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If a search "index=_internal" over the last 24 hours is empty, I can think of a couple of reasons.

Most likely - your role doesn't have administrative access.  (More specifically, it doesn't have access to the _internal index, which is usually limited to admins).  Either log in as an administrator with access to _internal, or have your Splunk folks add this index to your role.

It's also possible that you have DBX installed on a heavy forwarder.  That HF has been told its outputs need to go to your real indexer(s), but it's never been told to *search* the indexer when someone searches for "index=_internal".  The steps you might need are https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.0/DistSearch/Configuredistributedsearch#Use_Splunk_...

Anyway, if you can confirm the above two things, either one of them is the issue, or you can report back here with what you've found!

-Rich

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...