Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Manager node deployment issue

taufiqueshaikh

I am trying to implement Splunk as distributed environment but whenever I am making server as Manager node

Server is getting failed (Splunk is not starting) I tried this on Windows and Ubuntu both Env

tried to start the failed Splunkd.service in both windows in Ubuntu but failed

From last 2 days I am trying to find the solution

Note : I am using Splunk enterprise trial license

Tags (1)
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @taufiqueshaikh ..

From the doc - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.1/Admin/TypesofSplunklicenses

The Splunk Enterprise Trial license

When you download and install Splunk Enterprise, a Splunk Enterprise Trial license is automatically generated for that instance. The following important points apply to the Enterprise Trial license:

• The Enterprise Trial license gives access to all Splunk Enterprise features.
  • The Enterprise Trial license is for standalone, single-instance installations of Splunk Enterprise only.
  • The Enterprise Trial license cannot be stacked with other licenses.
  • The Enterprise Trial license expires 60 days after you install the Splunk Enterprise instance, unless otherwise specified to customers.
  • The Enterprise Trial license allows you to index 500 MB of data per day to Splunk Enterprise. If you exceed that limit you receive a license warning.
  • The Enterprise Trial license prevents searching if there are a set number of license warnings.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Dashboard Challenge and Watch the .conf24 Global Broadcast!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is still happening, and it's not too late to enter for the week of ...

Join Us at the Builder Bar at .conf24 – Empowering Innovation and Collaboration

What is the Builder Bar? The Builder Bar is more than just a place; it's a hub of creativity, collaboration, ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...