Splunk Enterprise

Splunk 6 web interface - not possible to open events in new window from statistics pane

bochmann
Path Finder

In earlier versions of Splunk, it was possible to CTRL-click on statistics results, and have a search with the appropriate field opened in a new browser window.

In Splunk 6, the new search is always opened in the same window, and I have to rely on the browser back button to go back to the statistics view. That's a major hassle when trying to quickly go through event details from statistics - especially as going back will always end up on the first page of the statistics, not the one you were coming from.

Simple example: I have a search in the line of host=server | top limit=100 id.
When I click on one of the results in the id row of the statistics page, Splunk 6 will start a new search with host=server id=result in the same browser window, losing the statistics overview.

Is there any way to get the old behaviour back?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

mattness
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Unfortunately the ability to use special command keys to open a stats chart drilldown search in a new window is not supported in Splunk Enterprise 6.0. Your request has been noted by the engineering team and they are considering the possibility of restoring this functionality in a future release.

View solution in original post

mattness
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Unfortunately the ability to use special command keys to open a stats chart drilldown search in a new window is not supported in Splunk Enterprise 6.0. Your request has been noted by the engineering team and they are considering the possibility of restoring this functionality in a future release.

mattness
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'll try to keep this ball rolling. 🙂

bochmann
Path Finder

Thanks. I hope it successfully gets past the consideration phase 🙂

0 Karma

jtrucks
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I hope there's a solution to this, too!

--
Jesse Trucks
Minister of Magic
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...