Splunk Enterprise

Sending data to AWS S3 from Splunk in Splunk Enterprise

faisalshani001
Loves-to-Learn

Hi Members, So I am quite new to splunk and I need to send the splunk search results to AWS S3 bucket. I have tried some apps from splunkbase but they are not working. (APP NO 5273 & Event Push by Deductiv).

Can someone guide me here what approach I should follow to make such a pipeline? 
(Since we are working on just of POC we cant use the Splunk DSP, I am looking for an open source or free approach with minimal cost) .

Thanks 🙂

Labels (1)
0 Karma

alonsocaio
Contributor

Hi @faisalshani001,

One approach you can try is to export your data using Splunk REST API. Since you need to export the search results, I guess this works for you: Exporting Large Results Sets to CSV | Splunk , and you can export on CSV, JSON or RAW format. Also, I think that using the API is pretty simple, since you can use python requests or event curl to create and export your search.

After saving the results into a file, you can upload it to the S3 bucket.

0 Karma

faisalshani001
Loves-to-Learn

Thanks for replying @alonsocaio . But I need to create an automated pipeline which should send data to AWS S3 automatically. Means when one writes the SPL query on splunk searc & reporting bar the result should be exported to an csv file and send to AWS S3. Any idea how to create this pipeline?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...