Splunk Enterprise

Question on a Splunk Searchhead app and distsearch.conf

skirven
Communicator

Hi! I am looking to try to standardize my configuration across my Search Head Cluster. I have 15 Search Heads, and what I am looking to to is move my etc/system/local configs to a searchhead app (let's call it etc/apps/searchhead). 

Looking at my files, most of them should be fine, but I was wondering about the syntax for the distsearch.conf lookups. What I have now is like: lkp1 = apps/idm_search/lookups/lkpInterceptAttempt.csv

Would that same path find the file when the file is in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/searchhead/distsearch.conf? Or do I have to be more explicit about it's location?

Thanks!
Stephen

Labels (1)
0 Karma

skirven
Communicator

Bump. Also, I've been researching this, and it looks like it's best practice just to put it in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local? What's the best practice to keep that up to date? I was hoping to be able to have all of the configurations pushed from the deployer once it's been connected?

Any insight would be appreciated!
Stephen

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...