Splunk Enterprise

Minimum capabilities for Splunk mpreview for Splunk users with non-admin like default user, power, power users role?

lim2
Communicator

Minimum capabilities for Splunk mpreview for Splunk users with non-admin like default user, power role and user?

Hi Everyone. I'm seeking some wisdom for minimum Splunk capabilities needed for "Splunk mpreview for Splunk users  with non-admin (with default user, power, power users) roles". created role like metrics_role with the capabilities https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.5/Security/Rolesandcapabilities (run_msearch, list_metrics_catalog, run_commands_ignoring_field_filter) and selected all the metrics indexes under the metrics tab and left the srchFilter/restrictions blank. Neither |mpreview index=awss3_metrics|head 9 nor |mcatalog values(metric_name) where index=awss3_metrics return any metric event. So far plan to promote usage of Splunk's metrics index hit a glitch. Would appreciate inputs at to what capabilities would be needed? Thanks in advance for your time. Bests.

Labels (1)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...