Splunk Enterprise

Lookup Editor giving ERROR " The requested lookup file does not exist."

Ashwini008
Builder

Hi,

My Lookup Editor is 2.0.3 version and splunk is 7.3.3.

When i am trying to open my lookup file within an any existing app i am getting the below error

" The requested lookup file does not exist." I upgraded lookup editor version to 2.6.0 still gettig this error.

But i am able to open this lookup while through lookup editor app i am able to see my lookup.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you try :
| inputlookup <yourlookupname>

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

Ashwini008
Builder

@thambisetty Yes data and lookup both are present.The same lookup opens in Lookup Editor App,but throws the error when trying to open the lookup within the same app other than lookup editor

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How did you open lookup in app context ? 

who is the owner of lookup?

has the lookup been migrated from old search head to new search head ?

you should change the permissions in lookups knowledge object found in settings. If there is definition for the lookup you should change permission in lookup definition also.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...