Splunk Enterprise

Line chart help- How to make x axis labels constant?

mottig
Path Finder

Hi !

I am using line chart at my dashboard, and I'm trying to make the axis x label constant.

for example to set all labels for the last year, and in intervals of months.

in addition I don't want that every dot in the line will be represent with a label.

as you can see in this pic(from documentation):

mottig_0-1667471238466.png

if you will follow the blue line(please ignore the yellow line) int the x axis we are not getting label per each "dot"(value).

Labels (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You are not able to control the tick granularity of the X-axis with time/area charts. It will auto scale depending on the data size and the time range.

0 Karma

mottig
Path Finder

Hi

The pic that i added is from the official documentation, and in the pic it is look like

that the ticks are constant

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Perhaps you can share the picture you do have then?

Also have you tried rotating the labels on the x-axis so that more are shown? Does this help?

0 Karma

mottig
Path Finder

The pic is in the Q.

This is the link for the documentation :

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.1/Viz/LineAreaCharts

I dont understand why such elementary feature is not available.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The picture in the question is from the documentation - do you have a picture of what you are getting and perhaps a mock-up of what you would like to see?

0 Karma

mottig
Path Finder

anyone?😥

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...