Splunk Enterprise

Is there a way to set limits the amount of data stored in the Splunk Forwarder's cache memory?

super_saiyan
Communicator

Hi, all

my understanding is splunk forwarders store data in the cache memory when transferring data to Splunk indexer.

is there a way to set limits the amount of data stored in the Splunk Forwarder's cache memory ???

Labels (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@super_saiyan 

maxSize 

attribute in server conf.

Either for general [queue] stanza or [queue=<queue-name>] stanza.

I hope this helps!!!

super_saiyan
Communicator

thank you so much @VatsalJagani , how do i re-check, if i configured correctly ?

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

CLI and check if you see what is configured

./splunk show config server

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

with @VatsalJagani you can check what splunk is currently used, after it has restarted/reloaded. Then with 

splunk btool server list --debug

You can see what you have configured on disk and from where it takes those into use after restart. This is useful to understand why some settings are not in use event you have put those on ("wrong") config file 😉

r. Ismo 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...