Splunk Enterprise

Is there Splunk app available for FreeBSD ?

Chaser
Explorer

I'm using Pfsense as FreeBSD OS, I want to monitor basic performance metrices like RAM, CPU usage,.. Is there any Splunk app available out there that supports FreeBSD to perform above task ? Thanks all.

Labels (4)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.0/Installation/Systemrequirements

You can install Universal Forwarder on your FreeBSD box and use it to collect data (possibly with TA-nix app) and forward it to a Splunk Enterprise/Splunk Cloud or Splunk Free instance on a supported OS.

0 Karma

Chaser
Explorer

I also used Splunk TA-nix with Universal Forwarder on  FreeBSD, but log pushed up to Splunk about performance of FreeBSD machine was not match with the stats that the machine's system has displayed. Specific, RAM of the machine is 20%, but log pushed up to Splunk is 94%, but CPU was matched. I cannot understand about this, can help me please. Thanks.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You'd have to check the scripts contained within the TA-nix. I don't know - maybe FreeBSD tools show the performance differently than expected by the script. Or maybe you're intepreting the data differently. Hard to say.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...