Splunk Enterprise

How to turn off all Splunk queries towards the internet?

hettervik
Builder

I'm trying to disable all queries from Splunk towards the internet. We have Splunk on Linux, on a closed network, and traffic towards the internet is only creating noise. I've already sat updateCheckerBaseURL=0 in web.conf and remote_tab=false in app.conf, but still there seems to be some traffic from Splunk trying to reach the internet.

Is there any other settings I can disable, or is there any smart way to troubleshoot exactly what Splunk services are trying to reach internet, why, and how to turn them off?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

fuebel
Explorer

lakshman239
Influencer

Have you updated updateCheckerBaseURL=0  in local/app.conf for all the apps  in etc/apps or one off in the etc/system/local/app.conf in your Search head(s)?  Sometime, we may have to do this in all apps as anyone could try to reach internet.

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you tried something like wireshark to look at the traffic or run it through a proxy so see what is going on?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...