Splunk Enterprise

How to take a backup of lookup file?

sarahnazzar
Explorer

Hello Splunkers!

I'm trying to take a backup of a lookup file(file.csv) and create a backup file(file_backup.csv) and schedule the search on daily basis, the below query will only run and overwrite the old backup file but I want the scheduled search to run only when the new entries are added to the file.csv.

|inputlookup file.csv |outputlookup file_backup.csv

Also, I want to add 2 new columns (user who edited the lookup and time when it was edited) in the backup lookup 

Original file: file.csv

column1 column2 

Backup file file_backup.csv generated using the scheduled search should have the below 

column1 column2 time user 

Any thoughts please?

Cheers!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How do you know which user updated the file and when they did it?

0 Karma

sarahnazzar
Explorer

Tried pulling using the rest query but it doesn't give me what they have updated

|rest /servicesNS/-/-/data/lookup-table-files/

I want to have the user and time against the entry they have added in the lookup 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you have no control over the editing process, how are you going to determine who did what and when?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...