Splunk Enterprise

How to get data to Splunk from a Raspberry Pi?

ankitsaini20

I am working on a school project to gather temperature data from a room through a Raspberry Pi. This data comes from a BME280 sensor and is relayed through python to output the temperature. I want to be able to forward this data to Splunk and display it real time using Splunk Ar. 

Does anyone know how I would be able to get my data from my Raspberry Pi to my Splunk Enterprise? 

0 Karma

cpetterborg
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use the HTTP Event Collector (HEC), which is simple enough to do. You just have to put the data in JSON format with the index, sourcetype, etc. in the JSON string along with the data package and send it to the HEC endpoint that you activate on your IDX layer via an HTTP request. If you are already getting that data into a python script, it can make the HTTP call to the HEC endpoint immediately and the data will be in your IDXs within seconds.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkLight/7.3.6/GettingStarted/UsingHTTPeventcollector

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Depends on how complicated you want it to be 😉

But seriously, just create a tcp or udp input on your splunk server and send syslog messages to it.

You can of course install universal forwarder for arm and use it to ingest data from file but in this case I'd say it's an overkill.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...