Splunk Enterprise

How to fix this error: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The query has timed out.

spl10
Explorer

Hello Splunkers

I am trying to execute a SQL Query, however is it throwing  "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The query has timed out." error.

I had also increased the timeout windows still no luck

spl10_0-1661432781311.png

Can anyone please assist how to resolve this issue

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
You should try to increase “query timeout “ parameter from 30 to e.g. 60s
0 Karma

spl10
Explorer

@isoutamo Thanks for the reply...

I have increased the timeout window to 150 seconds around and even as alternative I have reduced the number of results from the main query to get the output.

However still getting same error message "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The query has timed out."

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you try to get this query working with MS SQL own tools? Check it with it and also ensure that you have correct indexes etc. defined to get response enough quickly.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...