Splunk Enterprise

How to count Exceptions without any field usage?

Kk
Path Finder
  • Hi All, Can we retrieve the Exception count without any predefined field or without creating any field. Basically,I just want each Exception count in table where row is Exception name and count is the column. Consider Exceptions are Nullpointer, IllegalArgument etc..

Pls comment out the query that will be helpful.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
... your search
| rex "(?<exception>Nullpointer|IllegalArgument|etc)"
| stats count by exception

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could extract the exception from the _raw event field and base your counts on that.

Kk
Path Finder

No just assume I gave you already known Exceptions like I mentioned above there. So for that how can we show the count of each and every Exception in table. Here we have only strings i.e Exception names which are not extracted to field in common. With that, I have to generate a table row as an exception name and col  as count.

Pls make sure there is no common field extraction.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
... your search
| rex "(?<exception>Nullpointer|IllegalArgument|etc)"
| stats count by exception
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...