Splunk Enterprise

How do I download update files on behalf of a client?

zyun
Explorer

I am co-managing a client's Splunk deployment, and it's come to my attention that several applications need updates (For example, the Enterprise Security app). Downloading the file requires a Splunk account with the proper license for the app.

What would be the best way to go about getting access to download the latest versions on Splunkbase (with least privilege in mind)?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sumanssah
Communicator

Every Splunk license and premium Splunk app (such as ES APP etc.) is aligned with an "Entitlement Name" (which is used to download an app from Splunk appbase).

You can request your, account manager to get access to the organisation "Entitlement Name".

View solution in original post

sumanssah
Communicator

Every Splunk license and premium Splunk app (such as ES APP etc.) is aligned with an "Entitlement Name" (which is used to download an app from Splunk appbase).

You can request your, account manager to get access to the organisation "Entitlement Name".

ragedsparrow
Contributor

You would need to talk to your client's account manager about getting access to the Splunk ES files in splunkbase. They should be able to either open up an avenue for access or figure out a way to get you the files for you to do the app update.

zyun
Explorer

Could you expand on the different ways when you say 'avenue for access'?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...