Splunk Enterprise

How can to delete these leftover source types and basically start over? Is deleting the whole index the only way?

zith
Loves-to-Learn

Hi!

I've installed DB Connect for the first time today and can successfully get data from Oracle. While testing I've created a couple DB connect inputs with new sourcestypes (some name is required during creation) that I no longer need and that seem to be interfering with data processing - ex. new columns that I've added in SQL are not visible in new events after data fetch. I'd like to delete those source types but:

* they do not show up in Settings > Source Types
* they do show up in `| metadata type=sourcetypes index=myidx` but I don't know how to delete them using SPL

How can I delete these leftover zombie source types and basically start over. Is deleting the whole index the only way?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

zith
Loves-to-Learn

"Show only popular" was unchecked.

I'm not sure what you mean by needing to look on the DB connect splunk server. We currently have a single server installation. There is no separate DB Connect server nor do I see any sourcetype management related stuff inside the DB Connect App.

Anyway, I've deleted and re-created the whole index. Problem solved, I guess 😉

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

Hi please make sure "show only popular " box is unchecked in Settings > Source Types to get all the list of sourcetypes. also look for the sourcetypes on the server it is created so if you have create a sourcetype on the DB connect splunk server then look there to delete the specific sourcetype.

Please refer to this document: 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.5/Data/Managesourcetypes#Delete_a_source_type 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...