Splunk Enterprise

Help with Dashboard creation

splunk6
Path Finder

Hi,

I have a raw data as below, with the fields "ID, Date, Level, Logger, Message which needs to be dsiplayed in a dashboard. 

index="wireless_retail" source="CPS.cpsLog" Level="ERROR", Logger="Utils.Helpers.LogHelper". Can someone help me with this dashboard creation for this

ID="39090", Date="2024-05-07 14:12:53.313", Thread="4", Level="ERROR", Logger=".Utils.Helpers.LogHelper", Message="UserName: abc Location:  Sales Channel: GW_STORE Error in Path: /pap/getcpsinput Raw Url: /pap/getcpsinput User Name: Error: System.Data.Entity.Core.EntityException: An error occurred while starting a transaction on the provider connection. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The wait operation timed out --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniError(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, UInt32 error) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSniSyncOverAsync() at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.TryReadNetworkPacket() at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.TryPrepareBuffer() at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.TryReadByte(Byte& value) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)

Labels (1)
0 Karma

deepakc
Builder

The first thing about dashboards is that you should create draw out a design, what data, fields, and what kind of layout, table, chart, timechart, forms etc.  

Then create a prototype dashboard based on that and refine it until you have the results. 

Why not try and create the dashboards, have a look here there a several examples 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/latest/SearchTutorial/Createnewdashboard 

Even better if you run through this tutorial - by the end of the week you should be able to create some of you own dashboard. 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/9.1.2312/SearchTutorial/WelcometotheSearchTutorial 

These are very simple examples of different ways to present your data and put them into a dashboard. 

This shows just a table for the fields of interest to you:.

index="wireless_retail" source="CPS.cpsLog"
| fields ID, Date, Level, Logger, Message
| table Date, ID, Level, Message

This shows how many events by Level field

| fields ID, Date, Level, Logger, Message
| stats count by Level, ID, message

This shows using time period for Level by ID

| fields ID, _time, Date, Level, Logger, Message
| timechart span=1h count by Level by ID

You can also download this app and use the many great examples here 
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...