Splunk Enterprise

Getting error "Driver version is invalid" for a MySQL connection even if driver is installed?

asabari1994

Hi All,

I am trying our Splunk Enterprise server for MySQL database monitoring. I am using a trial version of Splunk.

I have installed the Splunk DB Connect application and have installed the MySQL driver mysql-connector-j-8.0.31.jar. I am able to see that the driver is installed. And I have configured a MySQL DB connection.

asabari1994_0-1675762729478.png

But when I execute Health Check from the monitoring console for the Splunk DB Connect app, I am getting the error " One or more defined connections require the corresponding JDBC driver."

"Driver version is invalid, connection: MySQLDB, connection_type: mysql."

asabari1994_1-1675763034133.png

MySQL DB version is 8.0.23 and it's an AWS Aurora RDS instance. I did try "Splunk DBX Add-on for MySQL JDBC" to install the driver before and I had the same issue. I saw that the driver that came with this app was of a lower version than what we use in our application to connect to the database, so installed the new driver directly.

Also while trying to execute a query I am getting the error "Error in 'dbxquery' command: External search command exited unexpectedly with non-zero error code 1."

Please help to resolve this error.

Thanks

Arun

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...