Splunk Enterprise

Error in upgrading Splunk Enterprise 8.2 to 9.0?

bidegp
Engager

Hello all,

I am trying to upgrade my Splunk Enterprise from 8.2.0 to 9.0.0 and I keep running into this error when the installer is done copying new files and does a 'rollback action'.

"setup cannot copy the file splknetdrv.sys ensure that the location specified below is correct or change it and insert splunk network monitor kernel driver in the drive you specify"

The file is in the correct location but when I hit retry it asks again. I finally just cancel and it asks "continue setup without copying file?" which I say yes. It then asks me the other two system files "SplunkMonitorNoHandleDrv.sys and splunkdrv.sys". Which brings the same error and says installation failed.

I ran as admin and also through powershell. I looked through my logs also and did not see any problems.

0 Karma

jguerttman
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I'm literally getting this same error. Any solutions other than basically rebuildling?

0 Karma

Sh4ne0
Explorer

Did you manage to resolve this - I am getting the same, no matter what account I try.

0 Karma

bidegp
Engager

Sorry getting to you late. I had just saved my configurations and certs and uninstalled the old version then reinstalled the new version.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...