Splunk Enterprise

Configure deployment clients and can't find it on the Forwarder Management page

Ntk
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I have tried installing Splunk Enterprise 9.2.0.1 on my Linux to use as a Forwarder tier But when I configure deployment clients from Universal Forwarder, the device list is not found. On the Forwarder Management page
So I tried to test it by uninstalling Splunk Enterprise 9.2.0.1 on Linux and installing Splunk Enterprise 9.1.3. Then I configured deployment clients from Universal Forwarder and found a list of devices. On the Forwarder Management page
So I'm wondering why I can't find the device entry. On the Forwarder page Management on Splunk Enterprise 9.2.0.1

Labels (2)
0 Karma

marnall
Builder

If I understand you correctly, you are configuring a linux host with a Splunk Enterprise installation (not Universal Forwarder installation?) and configuring it to retrieve deployment configurations from a second server, and you are saying that the first machine properly appears on the "Deployment Clients" interface of the second server when its on version 9.1.3 of Splunk but not on version 9.2.0.1?

0 Karma

Ntk
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Correct I configured a linux host with a Splunk Enterprise installation (not Universal Forwarder) and configured it to retrieve deployment configurations from a second server

0 Karma

marnall
Builder

Can you double-check that the configuration is correct on the deployment client? Using btool:

$SPLUNKHOME$/bin/splunk btool deploymentclient list
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...