Splunk Enterprise

Cannot make work TLS connections INDEXER-FORWARDERS.

AllandNothing
Engager

Hello, i have no clues, thanks for reading in advance:

In any case, right now, i can't open splunk web because it gives me 500 internal error and i found the critical point: server.conf, i just tried and if don't put nothing it works, but if i put any path it brokes everything.

Behind this problem there is that after writing the configurations files (i followed the splunk documentation strictly so...) the connection doesnt't work when i try to troubleshoot.

I will post my files here so i hope it should be more clear what i did:

inputs.conf on the index:

[splunktcp-ssl:9997]
disabled = 0

[SSL]
serverCert = /path/to/mycervercombinedfile.pem
sslPassword = mypass
requireClientCert = false

outputs.conf on the forwarders :

[tcpout]
defaultGroup = mygroup

[tcpout:mygroup]
server = index ip:9997
sslCertPath = path/to/my combinedservercert.pem
sslPassword = mypass
sslVerifyServerCert = true
useClientSSLCompression = true

server.conf on both index and forwarder:

[sslConfig]
sslPassword = mypass
sslRootCAPath = path/to/myCertAuthCertificate.pem

to putting something on web.conf i'm waiting to solve these internals problems before. I almost forgot to say that i do not think there is a problem with how i created the certificates, i repeated the process n times already and i followed the instructions; TheCaRootCert is the same that I shared with forwarders and index, then i created from this certificate, a separate one for all the servers involved and then i concatened them in one.

Thank so much for reading and i would appreciate receiving some advices on hot to proceed further, I'm going insane. 

P.S: Sorry for my english but i'm not a native speaker.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...