Splunk Enterprise

Best way to send logs from Splunk to a third-party application?

slashnext
Loves-to-Learn

Hi all,

I want to develop an application where users can select the index, timerange and sourcetype and all the logs found from that search will be collected and sent to a third-party system via their API for processing by their systems

The way I was planning to do it was as follows:

1- Use the Splunk SDK to create a custom search command that takes three parameters index, timerange and sourcetype. 

2- The custom search command using Splunk SDK, runs a export search in the background to find all the logs and then dumps them in a  file.

3- It then uploads the file to the third-party by using their upload API. All done at this point.

Please note that log file size can range from 5-10 GB so is the above a good way to achieve what I want? Kindly share your suggestions if there is a better way. I would ideally like to provide the user with a seamless experience.

Thanks and regards!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...