Splunk Enterprise Security

input lookup file to search email traffic

hbfblueteam

Hi,

I am new to Splunk.

I have an input lookup file with some high risk internal email addresses in it . I want to build an alert which will trigger every time one of these addresses receives an external email with specific words in the subject line.

Index: mail
Lookup name: email_addresses.csv
Default Field for email address: recipient
Words in subject to look for: Payment, Account, Invoice

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Cheers,

0 Karma
1 Solution

starcher
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Build your base search for the index and sourcetype.
Make a wildcard lookup for the subject line.
Use a pattern like this

index=mail sourcetype=PUTVALUEHERE | lookup emailaddresslookup receipt OUTPUT receipt as isFound | where isnotnull(isFound) | lookup emailsubjects subject OUTPUT subject as isFound | where isnotnull(isFound)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

starcher
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Build your base search for the index and sourcetype.
Make a wildcard lookup for the subject line.
Use a pattern like this

index=mail sourcetype=PUTVALUEHERE | lookup emailaddresslookup receipt OUTPUT receipt as isFound | where isnotnull(isFound) | lookup emailsubjects subject OUTPUT subject as isFound | where isnotnull(isFound)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...