Splunk Enterprise Security

Working with the Splunk Enterprise Security demo, is there a way to reset/delete all the demo data?

mpuckettsc
Explorer

I'm working with the Splunk Enterprise Security demo. Is there a way to reset it / delete all the data that it starts with? I have a log sample from our Palo Alto and I want to see how that would be handled, but with all the sample data in there, I'm having a hard time wading through it all.

0 Karma

milesbrennan
Path Finder
find /opt/splunk/etc/apps/ -name *demo*.csv -exec rm -f {} \;

Run the first part of this command (before "-exec") to test you only see the ESS lookup files, then run the whole command to remove all lookups.

This actually runs through all applications, as there are mulitple directories for ESS. So if you get too many incorrect hits, you will need to manually add DA*, SA* and SplunkEnterprise* to the /opt/splunk/etc/apps directory path.

0 Karma

mpuckettsc
Explorer

Thanks, but I'm actually using the Splunk Enterprise Security demo which is cloud based. As far as I know I don't have the ability to run shell commands?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...