Splunk Enterprise Security

Updating all the apps On Splunk cloud Victoria(latest) in one go!!

vishenps
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers,
I do see 5-6 apps to update in my Splunk cloud, it's asking for restart whenever I'm hovering over update, I don't want to restart it each time, what's the way to update all the apps at once and restart once?
Thank you!
@gcusello 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I cannot said this 100% for Cloud, but at least in OnPrem (I suppose that this is valid also for cloud), when you are updating those apps at the same time (within minutes etc.) you could update all and after last update do restart.

Of course if there is some special app or those apps are dependent for each other then it's better to do at least some restarts between updates.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @vishenps ,

if the updated apps aren't related, you can wait and restart once.

It could be different if you have related apps (e.g. MLTK and Python) that I'd like to follow the proper restart sequence.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

vishenps
Path Finder

Make sense, thank you!!

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I cannot said this 100% for Cloud, but at least in OnPrem (I suppose that this is valid also for cloud), when you are updating those apps at the same time (within minutes etc.) you could update all and after last update do restart.

Of course if there is some special app or those apps are dependent for each other then it's better to do at least some restarts between updates.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

vishenps
Path Finder

Thank you!!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @vishenps ,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated by all the contributors 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...