Splunk Enterprise Security

Unable to Save Scheduled Search in Custom Content in Splunk Security Essentials

p4u

Hello community,

I'm encountering an issue while working with custom content in Splunk Security Essentials. I have created a custom content with this search :

​index=windows sourcetype=WinEventLog 
| stats count(eval(action="success")) as successes count(eval(action="failure")) as failures by src 
| where successes>0 AND failures>100

However, when I navigate to the content under "Content -> Security Content" and attempt to save this as a scheduled search, the option "Save Scheduled Search" is not available. I noticed that in the pre-existing content, such as "Basic Brute Force," this option is present.

Could you please advise on why this option might not be appearing for my custom content? Are there any additional steps or configurations required to enable this feature for custom content?

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards

Splunk Security Essentials

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Customer Experience | Splunk 2024: New Onboarding Resources

In 2023, we were routinely reminded that the digital world is ever-evolving and susceptible to new ...

Celebrate CX Day with Splunk: Take our interactive quiz, join our LinkedIn Live ...

Today and every day, Splunk celebrates the importance of customer experience throughout our product, ...

How to Get Started with Splunk Data Management Pipeline Builders (Edge Processor & ...

If you want to gain full control over your growing data volumes, check out Splunk’s Data Management pipeline ...