Splunk Enterprise Security

Splunkcloud ES - Missing an additional field in a notable event

vy

Hi Team,

I have a notable event (Excessive Failed Logins on Multiple Targets) that I'm expecting to see the "dest" field. I've fleshed out asset summary and source all of the source details are populating. I'm seeing dest in other different notable events too. It's just this particular notable event. If I pull up the correlated events dest shows as a field and I can validate that values are accurate too.

Any reason why dest wouldn't be showing up in the additional fields?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

Just for clarity, when the correlation search runs and produces the events/results, it should have a field 'dest' with some values. Once these events/results are written to the index=notable (can be accessed  via notable macro), dest field should be there with some value, for it to appear in the Incident review screen, additional fields.

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

If you go to `notable` and search for your search, in the list of field values, are you seeing 'dest'?

0 Karma

vy

No, "dest" for this particular search does not show under the `notable` macro. However, if I pull up the resultant set of events (Contributing Events) from the notable event, "dest" is there. Likely because it's being parsed by the data model.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...